Wednesday 7 May 2014

Dune character design: Chani

Been working on the portrait of one of the characters in Dune, to make sure it wouldn't be flat I searched through books and internet to find a suitable pose for the character. worked on the hair style and originally intended to give her a tribal mark on the cheek, but thought it wouldn't work so I just went over it for the colour. I've worked on the face to make sure I didn't make the cheek or the chin too big so that she would have more womanly features.

For the colour, I wanted her to have a tanned skin so that it shows she has been raised in a hot environment such as Arrakis/Dune and made sure she has the blue eyes as all the natives would have. Worked on the tone of the skin colour so that there would be darker and lighter areas where the light would be. I found the portrait really good how it turned out with the style I have now gone for to make my illustrations less flat.


No comments:

Post a Comment