Saturday 27 December 2014

Designing a logo

I've been working on the logo for my comic, to make it easier I used Adobe Illustrator to make the logos. Its been months since I've used illustrator but shouldn't be difficult to remember and not so different mostly from photoshop. drawn some shapes to get it right to match the sketch on the right.
The reason why I went for this design was so it would be considered unique and also be part of the series like many companies and organisations have beside their own titles. 




1. By making a circular shape, I've made three circles for the first step, stretched them a little and moved them into places to late cut out and make more curved shapes. I would do the same thing which had taken nearly 15 minutes to get it done and ready to join the shapes together.




2. Taken a few minutes, creating multiple circles until I got this. It was a little tricky to get the curves just right but happy how it turns out and did so for the second below.



3. This was was slightly tricky to work on, while I was still rusty on adjusting the lines as the rubber for Illustrator is MUCH difficult to use then photoshop. Went towards the U/V shape, since I've still got a lot to learn how to use illustrator I had to save it and copy on to Manga studios seeing as they don't except different formats.






4. Here are the two now completed and just need to make the final piece for the logo. The one below was down using manga studios to create a point. I was intended to finish it off to make the gaps between but scrapped the idea and saw no need to do any more to it.



5. for the final step of the design, I now had to make this one more curved, getting it right was the hard part and made sure not to make them look too thin around the edge.

did a little more on the experimentation and added another circle on top, found it to be much better so far and just need to cut the part below.



6. Repeating the same progress on a smaller shape and got this. Now all I had to do was copy and paste, then reflect it on four different angles and made sure they have space between each other.



7. This is how it turns out and now ready for some colour for the next step of making the cover. I made sure the two were at a proper size and not too big to the other and plenty of space in between the two segments.

No comments:

Post a Comment